Located just one hour away from Geneva by train and 15 minutes from Lausanne or Vevey-Montreux, the vineyards of Lavaux have been part of the UNESCO World Heritage sites since 2007. Take a stroll through its 10'0000 terraces of vines, enjoy the fascinating landscape and breathtaking view over lake Geneva. They are plenty of opportunities on the trail to stop and taste wines from the local grape known as Chasselas.
Cully pier - train station - chemin de Vigny - Riex - route de la Corniche - Epesses - on route de la Corniche, 200 meters after Epesses turn right down to Chemin du Calamin - after 1 kilometer continue straight on to chemin du Dezaley - turn right onto chemin de la Dame - Rivaz - in the village turn left onto route du Collège - turn right on route de Sallaz - walk down towards the train station or the pier.
- Location: 15 minutes by train West from Lausanne or Vevey-Montreux
- Start: Cully train station or by boat Cully pier (Place Major Davel)
- Distance: 5.7 Km
- Duration: 1h 30 minutes (non stop)
- Difference in levels: upward 214 meters and downward 225 meters
- Difficulty: easy walk
- End: Rivaz train station or by boat Rivaz pier (next to the train station)
Points of interets
- Riex : Chapelle St Théodule, built in 1430 (Corniche road 9)
- Epesses: Tour de Marsens is one of the first stione towers built in the 12th century. It was used as an obervation post and a defence for the monk who worked in the vineyrads.
- Rivaz : Chasselas ampelographic garden (chemin des Cortheyses) 19 different varieties of Chasselas.
- Private wine tours: Swiss Riviera Wine Tours (Nicolas Abundo)
- Cully : Caveau des vignerons
- Riex: Caveau des vignerons
- Epesses: Oenothèque Les 11 Terres
- Epesses: Caveau des vignerons
- Rivaz: Lavaux Vinorama (Lake road 2)
- Cully: Louis Bovard
- Epesses: Louis Fonjallaz
- Epesses: Luc Massy
- Epesses: Blaise Duboux
- Rivaz: Pierre Monachon
- Grandvaux: Auberge de la Gare
- Grandvaux: Tout un Monde
- Cully : Restaurant de la Gare, Café de la Poste, Bistrot Serge Prod’hom, Auberge du Raisin
- Riex: Café de Riex
- Epesses: Auberge du vigneron
- Saint Saphorin: Auberge de l'Onde
Hotels and B&B
*The list is not exhaustive